Thursday, September 15, 2011

Horrible Day

Today has been a really horrible day. I woke up in so much pain I could hardly stand. While taking a shower I was washing as fast as I could the whole time I was crying from the pain. Poor Pete had to help me out of the shower because I was bawling and afraid I was going to fall I was hurting so bad. So, of course, this pain sent me into a really depressed state today. I've just been sitting here trying to work on homework, but not able to concentrate. So I thought I would pull out my Tarot cards and do some studying. I read that if you want to know where you are on your spiritual journey to shuffle the major arcana and pull 3 cards and then pull 1 to see what my current struggle is.
My first 3 were: Temperance, The World, and The Hanged Man. My current struggle was: Death


So I see that at this point in my journey the Hanged Man is telling me I'm searching for spiritual enlightenment and psychic revelation, but I have to use Temperance for this journey. Be patient and learn to put the search in perspective. I'm not really sure what The World is telling me because I certainly have not found enlightenment yet, but maybe I have achieved an understanding of something I'm just not seeing at this moment. Now my current struggle is shown to me through th Death card. The way I understand this card is that I can't start new things unless I let things of the past die. I think this is very relevant for my current struggle both spiritually and physically. Spiritually I have things that always seem to haunt me. They are certainly coming around less and less, but they are still there. Physically you all know that I have struggled with my weight my entire life, but what I'm struggling with now is not being able to move forward because all of my past failures are haunting me. I sabotage myself before I even start a healthy way of living because the thought that I will just fail again is always on my mind. So, I'm gonna have to let those past failures go in order to move forward.
I love the tarot now. It still seems so daunting and scary, but our classes are really helping break it down in small bits.
So, I would love ya'lls input on this reading. What do you see? :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww! I'm so sorry that you are not feeling well. I'm glad you pulled out the tarot cards though. I have always believed in the power of the tarot, and it seems that you have a talent for working with them. I'm the same way, I want everything right NOW, but I think that being patient helps us learn even more, because we will appreciate it when it finally comes. As for your weight and sabotaging your diet, you're not going to be able to do it all in one day, or month, or even year. People make mistakes, but as you said, as long as you move forward, you will be able to become stronger. As long as you realize that are fallible, I think you will be able to reach the potential that you are striving for. Temperance came out for a reason. You can do it! Both spiritually and physically. Loves.

    ReplyDelete